Saturday, May 19, 2012

DADB Weekend Celebrity Interview: From Music to NollyWood Fragrance Tsema Kayoh conquers all!!!!

Good Morning y'all happy weekend guess u enjoyed the freebies we gave out in terms of Download from our Friday Party Mix (Gingo MIx) to our Drum Beat Top 20 tracks. We never dull when it comes to a good time. We caught up with Nigerian Songstress Fragrance Tsema Kayoh and she talked about her Album, acting and what makes her tick. Enjoy.

My sister it’s been a while how are you doing?

I am doing great my dear sister! Yea is been a while, I have been so busy underground, but I am back now.

For those who do not know you, please tell us about yourself?

My name is Fragrance Tsema Kayoh, I am from the southern part of Nigeria called Delta state, I am a Singer, an Actress and a Model, I am all entertainment, I have been in the entertainment scene since 2007 and I released my first album SO LOVELY same year which gave me a lot of mileage, but right now I am set to release the second Album tittled NOW AND FOREVER which promises to be better...

Where have you been all this while?

I have been around, been working underground, also featuring in Nollywood movies now and soon I will be out there again and I promise to blow your minds, because you are going to be seeing another lovely side of Fragrance. Watch out!

Fragrance On Set
Fragrance On Set

What made you choose music?


First, I have tremendous love for music, and I think I sing very well too, I remember joining my church adult choir when I was only 10yrs old because they feel I was too good a singer to be among the other children, so there is nothing I would have felt comfortable doing but entertaining

Tell us more about your typical day?


.Well if I am not working then I am chilling either watching movies or visiting friends, just that simple

What else do you do apart from music?


Like I have said I now feature in Nollywood movie and part time modelling, so if I am not singing is either I am acting or modelling. Is all about entertainment for me my dear

Tell us about the best part of your music?

the whole music thing i am doing is fun to me, so there is no part that is better compared to another, is all great to me, my sounds are beautiful, from the fast to the very slow songs are lovely...

You were signed to 2bam entertainment as I should know being close to you guys, are you guys still together, just looking for your mouth?

(Laughs) Yea we are together in a way just that a lot of personal issues have taken everyone to some different locations now but yes, we are still very much doing things together

I heard rumours that you guy split, is it temporary or permanent?


Split? Not at all, we are still very much doing things together just that like i said, personal issues has taken some of us faraway from others, but that’s why we have the internet and phones, is about communication dear

What do you think of todays' trends in music especially the collaboration/signing of Nigerian acts by foreign acts?

I think is great improvement, African music is growing, firstly we are now been accepted by our own people here in Africa and now internationally, really glad I am part of it

Can you comment on the whole D’banj Don jazzy saga?

Seriously I really don’t have anything to say about that, they have their reasons for doing what they did so I respect their decision

What is your next project?


The movies I have done will soon be out in cinemas and be aired both in local and international television stations, and I am planning to shoot a bad(good) video of one of my songs in the second album NOW AND FOREVER the song title is READY FOR LOVE so as to promote the album because it is so ready to rock the people, my fans out there who have been patiently waiting, they won’t be disappointed

Your 2nd Album Now & Forever how did it fair in the market?

Is not really out in the market yet, like I said I want to go about it the right way by promoting very well first, to get the kind of demand the Album NOW AND FOREVER really deserves

Your video Tobafejo enjoyed massive airplay especially here in Ghana & Kenya, did you know that?

Wow! Really? Never knew, well that’s a good thing for me and I am really glad that it’s been aired all over...

But we never saw the Album in these countries why?

That’s exactly what I have explained, this time is going to be massive when this new stuff I am working on comes out in terms of promotion and distribution of the album

What is your management doing about all this?

I am partnering with another management company who has been there for sometime now, and like Naija will say “them know ground wella” (laughs) so we will be working together to bringing the album out, sweetheart is going to be massive, just hoping for the best!

Who is your inspiration/role model?

Is God oh my dear, I always put him first in everything I do, then I listen to a lot of Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, some country music like Don Williams and I love Beyonce Knowles for her strength as a woman, she inspires me a whole lot

What is your favorite holiday spot/food/gadget?



I really don’t have one in all both holiday spots food and gadgets, I like been happy so whatever makes me happy at a particular time is what I do or go or eat etc, but I love the city of Accra the last time I visited Ghana...

How/where do you see yourself/your work in next 3/5 years from now?

I am not God really, but with the Hard work, Time, Interest, determinations and dreams I have got I believe I am going places

One last word for your fans?

I want to let you guys know I am here for you, i am not going anywhere, just because you don’t see me on screen for a while doesn’t mean I am out of the game, I am putting together stuffs that will make you guys more proud of me just keep believing in me and don’t stop praying for me. Love you all

Thank u my sister from De Afro Drum Beat, we wish you all the best, thanks for the track I love it, sharing it with everybody right away.

FRAGRANCE - TOBAFEJO

DOWNLOAD

FRAGRANCE - READY

DOWNLOAD

FRAGRANCE - NOW & FOREVER

DOWNLOAD








Fragrance & Producer (Kaka)

Fragrance & Friend (Goldie)

BRIEF BIO ON FRAGRANCE

Fragrance

Real Name: Tsema Kayoh


A skilled Nigerian songstress and performer, Fragrance hit the Nigerian music scene five years ago with the release of her debut album "So Lovely" an album packed full of vibrant, groovy tracks which nabbed her two nominations for Best New Artiste (Female) and Best Vocalist RnB in the Award for Musical Excellence in Nigeria (AMEN). With a unique, mellow sultry voice, Fragrance brings absolute vibrance to her music and the stage.


Press kits

She started out in the church choir as a lead vocalist in the adult choir when she was 10, her first album got her several nominations including Nigerian Music Awards for Best New Female AMEN AWARDS for Best Female vocalist and also Best New Artiste Female. Not one to rest on her laurels, Fragrance went on to develop her portfolio and continues to give several live performances all jam packed full of her contagious entusiastic vibrancy and full of engaging moves, vocals and dancesteps.

Fragrance has bridged the gap between various artistes and recorded a vast array of mixed tunes collaborating with TuFace, Bracket, and other her well known names in the Nigerian Music Industry, she went on to release a new album "Now and Forever" jam packed with a variety of songs geared to give fans the very best of her exceptional skill.

All of the tracks on this album give credence and validation to Fragrance's abilities and skill as a songstress and leave listeners wanting more. The album, which features 2Face, Rymzo, Adol, LKT, Brace, Longjohns includes hot tracks ;‘Yahweh’ (Don’t Leave Me), ‘Boyfriend,’ ‘To Ba Fe Jo,’ ‘Now And Forever,’ ‘I Know,’ ‘Raindrops,’ ‘So In Love,’ ‘We Be One,’ ‘Deeper,’ ‘Club Tonight,’ ‘Treasure,’ and ‘Song To Oritse Mi’

With new and exciting plans to host a regular spot in Lagos or Abuja due soon, fans should expect more and more public appearances, continued delivery of tunes that rock the house and much more.

Watch this space as Fragrance prepares for a night out in Lagos, rocking town with an exclusive listening party. In the meantime, if you are in Nigeria, buy Ready and Boyfriend Feat 2Face Idibia ringtones from all major mobile network providers for as little as N50 (GHC0.59).

Tracks from Now and Forever are now available to purchase on iTunes, Napster, Rhapsody, eMusic , Facebook, Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com, CD Freedom and in stores accoss Nigeria, grab your copy now

MORE OF FRAGRANCE CLICK ON LINKS

1 comment:

Recommended Posts: